2018 – 2019 DS Hiragana Mnemonic Card Competition
It’s time to get creative!
Primary and Secondary students are invited to create their own Hiragana Mnemonic Cards. Using the template, students can draw their own clue for the hiragana. The winning cards will become the new Hiragana Hint Cards for all JLTAV Member Schools.
The winning entries will be chosen by teachers during the 2019 JLTAV National Japanese Conference.
Entry is free and open to all JLTAV member schools. Each school can submit one complete hiragana alphabet only – i.e. only one of each character. However, please note that entries that don’t contain the full alphabet will also be accepted.
Click here to download the instruction and registration form.
You can download the hiragana template from here to create mnemonic cards.
- Original Hiragana mnemonics
- No use of copyright images (e.g. Doraemon) or published works (e.g. Hiragana in 48 Minutes)
- Students must use the A4 template in the Word file
- Completed registration form with description of the mnemonic and name, grade and school to be included on the back of the template
- Entries close Friday 20 December 2019
Daiso stationery prizes to be awarded to winning entries
Entries due to the JLTAV Office by Friday 20 December:
JLTAV Office, LPO Box 8157, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800
Please ensure the image that your students create is clear enough to be printed
Entry is free!